A New Building Service
Although I get a lot of visitors to this site, and sell a lot of books, many people do prefer a more personalised help when planning a new home build. . . . . . One business that has been started to fill this gap is ‘Before You Build‘.
This company, started by Jhoanna Mendoza, aims to step buyers through the whole new home process.
Their 5-step assistance includes:
- Finding out more about your intended builder
- Understanding your house building contract and the building process
- Knowing whats included in the price and making sure you don’t break the budget on ‘Extras’
- Considering the quality of the house
- Having adequate compensation for delays
This process will:
- Explain the potential risks of building your home
- Give you an understanding of the consequences of problems occurring
- Show you how your risks can be minimised.
During this process Before You Build will be incorporating the anewhouse guides so the extensive checklists will be available, with additional detailed explanations.
Remember “Prevention is better than Cure”
Jhoanna is based in Canberra; where she is able to provide face to face consultations; she can also provide her service interstate via Skype, phone, and E-mail.
Check their website, at this link: www.beforeyoubuild.net.au for more information. Before You Build also offers free initial consultation.