Ghost Houses 2017
Walking around my local area I came across this abandoned partially built house. . .
. . . and next door this abandoned 3 house development.
They are reminders that things can go wrong, and if you are over committed financially you can’t find a a way back.
Here are just some of the ways that you can run out of money during the build, and finish up owning a ghost.
- Builder going Bust, Even if you have a guarantee it is still going to cost you extra to have another builder take over the job.
- Additional Site Works costs.
- You split from your partner.
- You, or your partner, loses a job.
- Your employer suffering a downturn restricting the amount of overtime you were expecting to earn.
- Illness reducing wages for several months.
- Rise in Interest Rates.
Make sure you aren’t over committed!