A lot of people say Gyprock, but this is really a manufacturers name, so the correct name is Plasterboard.
So plasterboard is plasterboard right?……………………Actually wrong there are quite a wide range of plasterboard options available.
Perhaps you should consider alternative products if you are having a custom house built.
Even if you are using a project builder it might even be worth seeing if you could upgrade the plasterboard for certain rooms like the Home Theatre.
Here are some of the plasterboard options available, at extra cost:
- Reduced Noise Transmittance Uses denser materials to increase acoustic resistance.
- Improved Noise Absorption Mainly for use on ceilings to avoid that echo effect you can get with rooms with lots of hard surfaces.
- Increased Impact Resistance Could be just the thing for children’s rooms and staircases.
- Better Water Resistance Just the thing for bathrooms and laundries.
- Higher Fire Resistance A good option to help protect your house from a garage fire.
- Flexible Boards Good if you prefer gentle curves rather than square corners.
Want to find out more………… both ‘Gyprock’ and ‘Boral’ have comprehensive websites with lots of information.
For similar posts see Selection