It will soon be Summer . . . . and Bushfires will be in the News!
Live close to the Bush? . . . . Are you and your new home ready in case a fire is heading your way?
Its not just making your new house Fire Resistant.
Questions You Need To Answer
- Have you cleaned up your garden
- Will you leave based on a Fire Danger Rating?
- Where will you stay?
- Which routes will you take? (don’t just have one route in case a fire is already in the area)
- What will you take with you?
- What about your pets or livestock?
- How will you stay informed about warnings and updates?
- What will you do if there is a fire in the area and you cannot leave?
- How can you defend the house?
When thinking about questions like these remember that a fire can start at any time . . . . so think about what to do if only one person is at home.
Check With Your Fire Authority
This isn’t a comprehensive guide just a reminder to start you thinking.
Check with your State Fire Authority for more detail about how to make a fire plan.
See Bushfire for more posts