House on Jacks
What do you think about this house built on jacks so it can be raised above flood water?
I think it’s crazy because:
- What happens if the jacks fail to work?
- What happens if the jacks aren’t long enough?
- There are simpler ideas around such as building the house on a float that sits in the ‘basement’.
- it would be cheaper to build a queenslander style house then you would get better views and be able to park your car underneath!
- Why build in high risk areas?
I found this picture on the dornob website.
For more Unusual House Photos, Wins, and Fails, have a look at: What the………………….?