Large or Small
While new houses are getting bigger apartments are getting smaller . . . so how much room to we really need?
Reasons We Need Less Space
- Flat screen televisions can now be mounted flat on the wall.
- Saving your music on a smart phones mean your music collection now fits in your pocket.
- With a Kindle, or other E-book reader, a thousand books can be reduced to the size of one.
- The new standard for computers is the laptop or tablet computer 20% or the size of the old tower and monitor computer of 10 years ago. You might also save on having a desk..
- With computer storage being so cheap you might not need filing cabinets, or even a home office.
- When I was small I had boxes and boxes of toys but now its all about the games console.
Reasons Why We Need More Space
- Home theatres, when you already have a large TVs!
- Butlers Pantries.
- Kitchens with 2 dishwashers and Multiple Ovens. (I blame ‘The Block’)
- Because the screen size is so big you need to sit further away.
- Reclining chairs take up more floor space than ordinary chairs.
- Kitchen Cupboards for all those kitchen gadgets you never use.
- The treadmill you never use but bought instead of taking a walk outside.
Do you need more space, or have you got too much room?
For more posts about planning how to build a new house see Design