Somethings that can spoil you life in a new home is falling out with the neighbours!
One way to reduce the chance of arguments is to make sure you show consideration to your new neighbours with regard to Noise.
What is Unreasonable Noise?
- Working On An Engine between 8.00pm and 8.00am (9.00am at weekends)
- Mowing the Lawn between 8.00pm and 8.00am (10.00am at weekends)
- Using Power Tools between 8.00pm and 8.00am (9.00am at weekends)
- Domestic Appliances* between 11.00pm and 8.00am (9.00am at weekends)
- Music between 10pm (11.00pm at weekends) and 9.00am
* includes noisy air conditioning
If you are going to have a party . . . make sure you invite the neighbours along!
Resorting to the law if you are troubled by noisy neighbours is best avoided.
It is worthwhile knowing what the law in your State if you are planning to talk to a neighbour about a problem.
Normally the best source of information is the Environmental Protection Department.
Can’t stand the neighbours? . . see this link: Neighbours Solution