Pools – Don’t Forget The Extras
Just because a pool supplier gives you a price for a pool doesn’t mean that will be the final cost.
I have heard than an extra $20,000 – $30,000 is not unusual.
Here how the extra costs can mount up for a small pool:
- Plans and approvals $2,000 plus . . . more if there is a sewer easement close to the pool.
- Rock excavation $100 plus per cubic metre
- Carting dirt off site 30-40 per cubic metre
- Fencing $5,000 plus
- New Electrical circuit $1,000 plus
- Cover $500
- Landscaping and paving $8,000 plus