Choosing an Area
So here is a map of places withing 50km of where I live now.
As you can see it covers City, Suburbs, Bayside, the Coast and Rural Areas.
Here are a few things you need to think about when deciding to look for an area to live:
- How far is the area from your work? Will it still be convenient if you change your job?
- Are there good road links to your work? Lots of traffic lights and railway crossings can add substantially to Journey Times.
- Is there good public transport links? In some Melbourne suburbs being within easy walking distance of the station can put more than $50,000 on the cost of the house.
How close are the:
- Shops and Supermarkets?
- Restaurants and Cafes?
- Pubs or Clubs? Saves worrying about the breathalyser!>
- Sporting facilities? Most parents will appreciate this as most Saturdays can be spent running a ‘Taxi” Service.
- Parks and playgrounds?
- How good are the local schools? Or will you be sending the childeren elsewhere which can brings up a whole extra range of transport problems.
- Is it close to relatives? Close enough to babysit .but far enough to need to get the car out is my rule!
- Is it close to the Beach or the Bush
What’s important to you?
For Similar Posts see Choosing Blocks